Who We Are . . .
NCAAHPERD is a 501(C)(3) not for profit organization of athletics, health, physical education, recreation, and dance professionals.
Our mission is "to provide advocacy, professional development, and unity for health, physical education, recreation, dance, and athletics professionals and students in order to enhance and promote the health of North Carolinians.
Our vision is to be the leading organization promoting and supporting a healthier, more creative, and active North Carolina.
From Murphy to Manteo, members rely on NCAAHPERD for unity, leadership, and career development. We are a professional organization representing educators and professionals in motion and the third largest state AHPERD association in the United States.
Since 1921, we have provided teachers and professionals with an ever-expanding assortment of member services, including advocacy, professional development, research opportunities, scholarships, and much more.
Who are educators in motion?
- Athletic directors and coaches
- College and university students and professors
- Health educators
- Physical education teachers
- Sport management professionals
All members belong to a primary and secondary association designed for distinct areas of expertise:
- Dance Association for North Carolina Educators (DANCE)
- North Carolina Association for Athletic Education (NCAAE)
- North Carolina Association for the Advancement of Health Education (NCAAHE)
- North Carolina Sport Management Association (NCSMA)
- Physical Education Association (PEA)
- Student Majors Association (SMA)